Friday, July 5, 2013

What Dreams May Come...

What Dreams May Come...





Two years ago if anyone had told me I would have my own
cake company I would have thought they were two bricks 
shy of a load and that their pilot light had been blown out. 
But lo and behold, here am I, with a wonderful & growing 
cake company that received a great review in the Arkansas 
Times.  Read about it here and please come try everything for yourself: 

http://www.arktimes.com/EatArkansas/archives/2013/06/29/cakes-with-a-kick-at-katie-connally-confections



As any baker will tell you, the process of baking is a heart 
and soul thing.  Your full attention is required and if you 
have all your ingredients beforehand it is truly a peaceful 
event.  Here’s what can happen when you DON’T pay 
attention:  baking soda overload, and there is no turning 
back when this happens.  No remedy, no way to alter my 
course or turn back the hands time…the batter was simply 
done for.  Nowadays, when you walk in my kitchen and you 
hear me counting out loud, you’ll know why!  Live, learn, 
grow.       


Speaking of growing, the next phase of growth will be a double oven, as pictured above.   I can just see it now: baking two dozen baby Bundt cakes at a time…I will be floating in the clouds and smiling like crazy!  Don’t know how or when I’ll have it, but I know it is in my near future. 


Two new Baby Bundt flavors coming to the Hillcrest 
Farmers Market starting tomorrow morning, and the 
Westover Hill Farmers Market on Tuesday: Peach Schnapps 
and Blackberry Schnapps.  Judging by the reactions of my 
taste testing staff, they will be a hit.  One way to eat them during the hot summer days:  Put them in the fridge for a couple of hours before serving with your favorite coffee.  So, so good.  

Have a great weekend, stay safe and spend your time with 
quality people.  You’ll always be glad you did.



All the best,


Katie Connally’s granddaughter   

No comments:

Post a Comment