Monday, July 1, 2013

Happy Almost 4th of July!




Happy Almost 4th of July!

How will you celebrate Independence Day?  With friends and family? That’s the plan at my house and we are going on our first visit to the Clinton Library here in Little Rock, Arkansas.  Yes, I have been remiss in getting this place on my radar, but will be all set come this Thursday.  And it is FREE on July 4th , so everyone should make it there!  

Today’s shopping: bourbon, rum and peach schnapps.  Who has a better part time job than me, I ask you?!?!  The better to make delicious baby bundt cakes, my dears.  Something that made me smile BIG TIME is the review of Katie Connally Confections by Michael Roberts of the Arkansas Times.  He thinks pretty highly of our delightful cakes and made it known!  

Here is the link: http://www.arktimes.com/EatArkansas/archives/2013/06/29/cakes-with-a-kick-at-katie-connally-confections Let me know what you think.   And some thoughtful person put Katie Connally Confections on Urbanspoon: http://www.urbanspoon.com/r/200/1761134/restaurant/Katie-Connally-Confections-Little-Rock.  I would love it if everyone gave it a "thumbs up"!  Follow us on facebook: https://www.facebook.com/katieconnallyconfections?ref=hl

I have a new recipe courtesy of our wonderful friends at  www.southernliving.com:   "Peach Schnapps Pound Cake".   Absolutely delicious & perfect for the summer weather!  Slice it and top with fresh peaches and whipped cream for an incredible dessert.  This recipe takes peach shortcake to a sophisticated level.  A must have for your party/picnic.  

Whatever you choose to do on the 4th, remember to give thanks for our freedom, which is not free.  

Until next time,
 
Katie Connally's granddaughter

No comments:

Post a Comment