Friday, April 19, 2013



 
Cuisinart Cookware…bow down, people! Just incredible products that make baking even more enjoyable.
True story: two years ago, way before Katie Connally Confections was even a twinkle in my eye, I bought my first set of Cuisinart Cookware. Found it on craigslist, and this sweet girl was moving out of state and wanted to sell some of her items. Since I found the listing on craigslist I agreed to meet her in a public place, which turned out to be her job at Fresh Market. Anyhoo, she was selling her Cuisinart stockpot with lid, two sauce pans with lids and two fry pans for the amazing sum of $25.00!! Could have knocked me over with a feather. What an incredible bargain! So I happily paid for them and went on my merry way.
Fast forward to today. Here I am with a new baking business and the perfect cookware to support it. How perfect? Well, last weekend I decided to make three Chocolate Whiskey Cakes (CWC) at the same time. Please note I only have two Cuisinart sauce pans, so I used my old standby aluminum sauce pan. Right off the bat I could tell something was not right. The Cuisinart sauce pans produced the usual delicious sauce for the CWCs, but the batch in the old standby pan would not adhere. The mixture separated and simply would not blend. Because I did not want to waste the sauce I continued on until all three cakes were baked. Two came out beautifully as usual. The third one? That cake was as lopsided as the Tower of Pisa! Tasted the same but definitely could not be sold, which made my family very happy so it turned out okay. The moral of the story? Invest in good cookware for great results and Cuisinart is a great place to start. Visit them at: http://www.cuisinart.com.
For our local buyers I will be at the Hillcrest Farmers Market on Kavanaugh starting Saturday morning, April 20th, with Chocolate Whiskey Cakes and Golden Butter Rum Cakes, so stop by and get one or two. All produced with my Cuisinart pans, so there isn’t a lopsided cake in the bunch! See you tomorrow morning J
 Yours,
Katie Connally’s granddaughter


No comments:

Post a Comment